CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for #CNC2022 Cohort 1 Welcome Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

#CNC2022 Cohort 1 Welcome Thread

Hello and welcome to CodeNewbie Challenge 2022! We're so excited that you signed up for Cohort 1. Together, we're going to make some real progress towards your biggest goals.

One of the best parts of #CNC2022 is the built-in community support you'll get. In that spirit, let's get to know one another — you'll likely be relying on a number of the people you meet in your challenge's mission assignments anyway 😊

Drop a note in the thread below with the following info...

• Your name
  • The challenge you signed up for
  • Your motivation for signing up for #CNC2022
  • Any social media profiles you'd like to share
  • Anything else we should know

P.S. We'd love to hear from you on Twitter! Let us know if you signed up for CodeNewbie Challenge 2022 (and the challenge you picked) by tagging us at @CodeNewbies and including the hashtag #CNC2022.

Latest comments (86)

Collapse

codeebullient profile image
chassis

¡Hola! I'm Peace, i signed up for this to enable me to write more. I want to write just about anything that i learn.
I hope to start my blog someday when family will give me a little ease.

Mucho gusto #CNC2022 Family

Collapse

larizzatg profile image
Larizza Tueros

Hello 👋🏻, I'm Larizza.

I signed up for the learn in public challenge. I've been in lurking the "in public" concept (learn in public, build in public, digital gardens), now I want to ride the wave and not stay in the side.

I love learning and one of my core principles is to share my knowledge with others. I want to use this cohort to remove the preconceptions that I need to be an expert to share my experiences.

You can follow me on dev.to dev.to/larizzatg or my twitter twitter.com/larizza_tg

Collapse

funmitoblessed profile image
Olúwafúnmitọ́ Blessed • Edited

Hi CodeNewbie Community, my name is Funmito and I'm a tech enthusiast and advocate based in Nigeria.

I'm currently signed up for the #LearnInPublic challenge. For a long time, I've wanted to write regularly about my growth and development journey in the tech space and I feel this is a great opportunity to get started.

You can follow me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Dev, Codenewbie and any other popular social media @funmitoblessed

Collapse

crumbhustler profile image
crumbhustler

Hello everyone, I'm Ty! I've been slowly learning full stack web dev and thought this would be a great opportunity to continue to learn and push myself. I'd like to get a job but not setting a hard deadline for myself, just want to enjoy the ride! Can't wait to see what everyone accomplishes.

Collapse

develop_daley profile image
DaleyDevelopment

Hello. My name is Serena. I signed up for the Code More challenge because I need to code more and would like to find a way to make it fun. I think it can be fun, it's just not fun for me yet. If anybody knows how to make coding fun, I am open to suggestions. I recently coded a memory game and I enjoyed it a lot but that was a tutorial. I want to be able to code a fun game without using a tutorial. If anybody wants to chat I am available on Twitter @develop_daley.

Collapse

cdmims23 profile image
Cori Mims

Hello everyone!

My name is Cori I did CNC2018 code more challenge. I didn’t really get to finish that challenge or get further into coding. As a result I have pretty much lost all the progress I made learning how to code. This year I have plans to get back into it and actually get a job wish me luck! I’m taking the start coding challenge hopefully I can get back on track, I’m always stumped at where to start like testing, DevOps, and other stuff. I hope that everyone meets there coding goals good luck everyone! And happy coding!

Collapse

bushbass profile image
Alex Nielsen

Hello people. My name is Alex Nielsen and I've signed up for the Get A Job Challenge. I'm a self-taught coder who has been at this for a few years. Homeschooling our kids (since before Covid) and working make it tough to squeeze in time to learn. The truth is I'm pretty sure I've had the skills to get a junior dev job for quite a while but the imposter syndrome I have is deblitating at times. I signed up to hopefully give me a little more direction rather than randomly applying to jobs when I work up enough nerve. I'm in the suburbs of New York City, the last bus stop on the commuter line in a part of New Jersey that is not what you usually see on TV. There are people with chickens on my street and with a 10 minute drive I can see cows. Anyway, I hope this will give me the push I need to get focued and get over my fears and put my skills to work.

All my social contacts and links to my projects are at alexnielsen.com

Collapse

raedyping profile image
Raedy Ping

Hiya, my name is Raedy (pronounced like radio without the o) and I am she/her and signed up for Get a Job because i need to, well, .... get a job. I am learning data science.

Collapse

kc profile image
K C

Hiya! I'm KC.
I've signed up to the Code More Challenge as I'm trying to be more consistent/focused with my learning, as I find it really difficult to stay motivated by myself.

Hoping to connect with others. You can find me/my stuff here:
Twitter
GitHub

Cheers,
KC

Collapse

adrianskar profile image
Adrian Skar

Hi all! I'm Adrian from Spain and I'm in for the code more challenge. I'll also be joining the #301daysofcode one so, by the end of the year, my main goal is to have learned enough to get a dev. job.
You can find me on twitter, LinkedIn and GitHub. I'll be also putting up my site at adrianskar.com. Happy coding!

Collapse

rafajrg21 profile image
Rafael Romero

Hi, I'm Rafa. I signed up for the Code More challenge this year! I am looking to improve my time management skills and hoping to get the motivation to code more outside of my job so I can accomplish all of my tech related goals from previous years on 2022.

You can follow me here on CodeNewbie or on Dev dev.to/rafajrg21
I'm currently not very active there but that's the next step.

Collapse

natdavison profile image
Natalie Davison

Hi everyone, I'm Natalie :-)

I've signed up for the Start Coding challenge. I've started a few courses in the past but always end up fizzling out, but I'm determined to get stuck in and stop messing around.

Connect with me on Twitter & GitHub 😄

Happy Coding! 🌈

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera • Edited

Hi everyone 🖐, I'm Dulya. I have signed up for the "Start Coding" challenge because I am new to this community and wanted to start with the very first challenge. My inner motivation is to learn new things😁😉.

Connect and follow me on📫 :

Nice to meet Y'all😊.

Happy Coding 👩‍💻🌈.

Collapse

coderamrin profile image
Amrin

Hello! code newbies.
I'm amrin. I just joined CNC2022. it's my first time here.
I signed up for the Write More challenge. Cause I trying to get into technical writing. and sharing my thougts with writing. I tought it is the perfect challenge for me.

If you want check out my blog and twitter.
coderamrin.hashnode.dev/
twitter.com/coderamrin

That's it.
Have a great day.

Collapse

rightofzero profile image
rightofzero

Hello, I am Mark. I signed up for 'Code More' challenge because I need to be more consistent in coding to grow my skills. You can connect with me on Twitter.