CodeNewbie Community šŸŒ±

Cover image for Join Cohort 1 of the CodeNewbie Challenge 2022 (#CNC2022) by January 30th!
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

Join Cohort 1 of the CodeNewbie Challenge 2022 (#CNC2022) by January 30th!

For those of you who recognize this time as the beginning of the new year, happy 2022!

Whether you believe in New Years resolutions or not, it's natural to be using this moment to take stock of the year before, reflect on your personal growth, and consider everything you want to accomplish in the year ahead.

Since you're here on CodeNewbie Community, it's probably safe to say that some of your goals probably revolve around coding, technology, and your career. But while goal-setting is a truly worthwhile activity (especially when you have that fresh January energy going for you), it can be hard to know where to start.

That's where the CodeNewbie Challenge 2022 (#CNC2022) comes in.

>> Register for Cohort 1 of #CNC2022

If you've been a part of the CodeNewbie community for a long time, you might be familiar with the CodeNewbie Challenge: our 5-week course built by and for the CodeNewbie Community. If you've never heard of it before, you're in for a treat!

We started the CodeNewbie Challenge years ago ā€” long before our dedicated Forem space existed! This email-centered course has been popular with our community ever since we first released it because it combines everything you need to reach your goals: regular check-ins, achievable weekly tasks, support, and helpful resources and tools. Plus, it's entirely free to participate in!

This year, we're excited to share some key updates to the CodeNewbie Challenge in 2022:

• A pre-registration, cohort-based model that allows you to stay in tighter communication with others participating in your chosen challenge
  • Updated resources in each weekly email
  • A brand new challenge that will give you the guidance you need to turn your technical learning journey into a tool for others

The full set of CodeNewbie Challenges you can opt-in for in 2022 are:

• Start Coding
  • Code More
  • Write More
  • Get a Job
  • Learn in Public (new!)

As we mentioned, we're transitioning to a cohort-based model for the CodeNewebie Challenge this year that will but you in closer contact with other participants. This will require you to register for Cohort 1 in advance. You might remember this model from earlier versions of the challenge!

Learn more about #CNC2022, pick your challenge, and sign up for Cohort 1 here by January 30th, (ā€” with the series beginning on January 31st).

Once you've signed up, head over to the welcome thread to meet the rest of Cohort 1.

Cheers to starting to code, coding more, writing more, getting a job, and learning in public with the CodeNewbie Challenge in 2022. We're ready if you are!

Top comments (9)

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

challenge accepted

Collapse

supermari0s profile image
Marios

Subscribe page is not working for me... anyone else is having the same issue? Seems like a script is keeping the page busy and the button is not clickable.

Collapse

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

I am...thought itā€™s my network
Already sent a mail tho

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
š•š•¦š•š•šš•’ šŸ‘©šŸ»ā€šŸ’»

Nope, everthing's working fine.

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

Good luck everyone!

Collapse

khloeabrown profile image
Khloe Brown

Here we go again! So excited šŸ¤©
Even though I didn't complete it last year, I've learned so much over the past year and I'm happy to try again!
Here's to 5 weeks of development and fun! šŸ»

Collapse

nathaliepfeff profile image
Nathalie Pfeffer

I'm in.

Collapse

dastiles profile image
charles madhuku

Successfully subscribed

Collapse

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

Subscription page keeps loading and not opening on my end.

Please, what could be the problem?