CodeLand 2022 is a welcoming virtual conference for early-career coders and their champions, taking place on June 16 & 17. Click here to learn more about the event and view the program, and click here to register. Tickets are pay-what-you want – starting at $0!
CodeLand 2022 is produced by CodeNewbie and DEV, two software communities built on Forem.
It's with great excitement that we announce the opening of CodeLand 2022's ticket registration — and introduce you to our amazing speakers.
Read on for more details on these two important events on the road to CodeLand 2022...
Meet our speakers
Thank you to everyone in the community who submitted a talk for CodeLand 2022. Our event is intended to uplift and motivate early-career software developers like you — and we couldn't do that without the time, effort, and inspiration you applied to our Call-for-Proposals. With only a handful of available slots for our pre-recorded talks, you certainly made the job of our Program Review Committee challenging 😅
Even so, we were able to come together and carve out a terrific roundup of talks from our community that we're thrilled to share with you today. Without further delay, let's meet the folks whose pre-recorded talks you'll be experiencing at CodeLand!
- Bethany Jepchumba — "Accessibility in Design"
- Clifford Ouma — "Inclusive Web Development"
- Derek Binkley — "Teaching Through Code Review"
- Erin Mikail Staples — "Tech Ethics Start with the Individual"
- Haimantika Mitra — "Next-Gen Inclusivity: How Gen Z Can Make Real Change in Tech"
- Hannah Hazi — "How I Tracked My Pregnancy with Python & Emojis"
- Joe Glombek — "Celibrate You're Misteaks"
- Kathryn Grayson Nanz — "Design Systems for Developers"
- Laurel Younis — "Accessibility is Not a Mystery"
- Tracy P. Holmes — "Redefining Your Programming Purpose"
- Pachi — "Women and Tech: Why Representation Matters"
- Ramón Huidobro — _"There's More to Open Source than Code"-
- Raymond Chung — "A Programmer's Guide to Mental Health"
- Shubhendra Singh Chauhan — "A Primer on Open Source Licensing"
- Silvia España Gil — "I Think, Therefore I Code: An Introduction to Pseudocode"
These talks are spread across the following thematic tracks:
- Beyond the Binary
- Healthy Coding
- Open Toolbox
- Tech & Ethics
You'll learn more about our talks as CodeLand approaches. In the meantime, please give our speakers a round of applause (and perhaps a follow right here on CodeNewbie Community). 🎉
>> View the program on the CodeLand website
Now that you have a sense of some of the amazing content that CodeLand 2022 will provide, it's time to grab your spot through registration to ensure you get the most out of your event experience!
We understand that many members of the CodeLand audience are early in their careers or in school, so CodeLand tickets will once again be pay-what-you want, starting at $0.
>> Register for CodeLand 2022
We hope to see you at CodeLand 2022 — taking place right here on CodeNewbie Community on June 16 & 17. 🌈
What's next on the road to CodeLand 2022?
Over the next few weeks, we will be announcing two remaining keynote speakers whom we know you'll be thrilled to hear from (we announced Angie Jones as our first keynote speaker a few days ago). We'll also share more details about the rest of the CodeLand experience, including resource guides, information about our activities, and more. Stay tuned!
Top comments (4)
Registered for #Codeland2022 !
Thank you!! 🙌
Happy to share my knowledge with others. Thank you for the opportunity
Thank you. Looking forward to CodeLand 2022.