CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What’s a cool thing that you learned from a CodeLand 2022 talk?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

What’s a cool thing that you learned from a CodeLand 2022 talk?

Hey CodeLand!

Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and engage in some discussions. You can even start one of your own using this template (or by starting a new post and adding the #discuss tag).

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes. In other words you'll be automatically entered into a prize raffle just for commenting on this post before 11:59 PM PT on Friday, June 17, 2022.

In the thread below, tell us about a cool thing you learned from a CodeLand 2022 talk!

Top comments (7)

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

I found the whole design system process really interesting and cool! I always wondered how big companies/teams make their aesthetics look so neat and nice and when @kathryngrayson explained Design tokens, component libraries, style guides etc. it all started to make sense🤯

Collapse

kathryngrayson profile image
Kathryn Grayson Nanz

I'm so thrilled to hear that!! Really glad you enjoyed the talk and found it helpful.

Collapse

solakunmio profile image
Solakunmi Oyedele

Learn the fundamentals by looking at the past, double down on current skillsets by focusing on the future - Kelsey Hightower.

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

Celebrate my mistakes, it´s okay to have moments to rest and then continue. Create a culture of sharing and understand how valuable sometimes mistakes are.

Collapse

kasopej profile image
Kasope Johnson • Edited

Prioritize the (about 3) most important things at the current stage of my career. From the keynote by Tracy Chou!

Collapse

node_ks profile image
marvel credit union

How any why to be an efficient code reviewer

Collapse

dotaadarsh profile image
Aadarsh Kannan

Do the thing that scares you!