CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What talk are you most excited to experience at CodeLand 2022?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on • Updated on

What talk are you most excited to experience at CodeLand 2022?

Hey there, CodeNewbie Community members old and new!

With CodeLand 2022 coming up really soon (June 16 & 17, 2022), our team would love to know which talk you're particularly excited to experience β€” and why.

View the program here and let us know your answer in the comments below.

CodeLand Raffle & Prizes πŸ†

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes.

More info is coming on this raffle, but for now, all you need to know is that you'll be automatically entered to win free merch from our shop β€” just for responding in this thread!

Register

If you haven't grabbed your spot at CodeLand 2022, don't wait another minute! We're so excited for this year's amazing lineup of talks, activities, and inspiration for early-career software developers and their champions. Tickets are pay-what-you-want β€” starting at $0!

>> Register for CodeLand 2022

Top comments (114)

Collapse

cmilesuk profile image
Chris Miles

Another first timer. Looking forward to everything, but "Accessibility is not a mystery" jumped out as a particularly strong title.

Collapse

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

πŸ‘‹πŸΌ Chris, I'm a first timer too and not really sure what to expect ... looking forward to it and hoping to connect with other learners to encourage each other πŸ˜ƒ Would love to follow you on Twitter, I'm @katfay_ Accessibility is such an important topic. I think the last few years has shown us that if tech is not designed with diverse needs in mind from the start - it can be a life damaging/threatening (just thinking of how apps and comms were not initially tailored older or culturally diverse audiences who needed them here in Melbourne, Aus, during the pandemic).

Collapse

20jasper profile image
Jacob Asper

Same :)

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Literally, all of them! 🀩

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini • Edited

This is the first time of me participating to a codeLand. And um so excited to see whats going and everything on there.πŸ€©πŸ’œ

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

I truly cannot and will not pick πŸ˜‚

Collapse

cbid2 profile image
Christine

As someone new to coding and learning HTML, CSS, & JavaScript to design more engaging & inclusive online courses, β€œAccessibility in Design” and β€œTeaching through Code Reviews” are the two webinars that pique my interest.

Collapse

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

They sound like interesting choices Christine and I can relate to being new at HTML, CSS & JavaScript. What kind of courses are you designing?

Collapse

cbid2 profile image
Christine

I aspire to create courses for educators at a university or a EdTech company. So far, it’s been for K-12.

Collapse

justacodergirl profile image
justacodergirl

The whole CodeLand eventπŸ˜β€‹

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

I was part of the committee this year who had the honor to choose which talks should be held on this years CodeLand. I guarantee, all these talks will be AMAZING!!

Collapse

mattvanitallie profile image
Matt Van Itallie

omg this is so exciting!

I am looking forward to all of them too.

But can I "cheat" and say the "talk" I'm most interested in is hearing from with newer coders and hearing their stories and their passion for coding. It is so exciting to me to hear folks' journeys into tech, what's on their minds, and what they are looking forward to.

Collapse

elaineaqs profile image
Elaine Aquino • Edited

Hey! :) I am most excited about the accessibility talks and listening to the stories of the speakers about their personal and professional journeys. I also would love to learn about inclusivity topics as they make me really curious. :)

Collapse

lornar1980 profile image
Lorna

I'm particularly drawn to the accessibility and mental health talks- but it all sounds genuinely great!

Collapse

barrytmock profile image
barrytmock

Hello everyone! Thank you company for your help these last 3 weeks! Your advice given about communication with my girlfriend has tremendously helped, and we are doing so much better. I appreciate and I am thankful. I'm happy that online texting therapy will continue helping to others. Thanks so much! He has been nothing short of a miracle.

Collapse

benji1304 profile image
Ben Stokes

Anything on accessibility and mental health

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt

Oooh me too!

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

I'm excited for all the talks at this year's CodeLand. I'm especially excited to hear the keynotes from Angie, Kelsey, and Tracy.

Collapse

vanessavun profile image
Vanessa Vun

"Next-Gen Inclusivity: How Gen Z Can Make Real Change in Tech" is what I look forward to. Now that I'm a little "older" as a millenial, I gotta stay in the know on what is going on with Gen Z. It's a constantly changing world.

Collapse

selver profile image
selver

"How I Tracked My Pregnancy with Python & Emojis" :) Gonna be interesting

Collapse

avacado00 profile image
Avacado Girl

Actually this is my 1st time.