CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What's one bit of professional advice you'd give yourself from one year ago?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

What's one bit of professional advice you'd give yourself from one year ago?

Hey CodeLand!

Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and engage in some discussions. You can even start one of your own using this template (or by starting a new post and adding the #discuss tag).

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes. In other words you'll be automatically entered into a prize raffle just for commenting on this post before 11:59 PM PT on Friday, June 17, 2022.

What's one bit of professional advice you'd give yourself from one year ago?

Latest comments (30)

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

Organize yourself with a schedule, focus on one activity at a time and take time to rest, distract yourself and get a good night's sleep.

Collapse

kasopej profile image
Kasope Johnson

Enjoy failing!

Collapse

christopheraaron_ profile image
Christopher Aaron

Whenever you start to doubt yourself, remember those who believe in you.

Collapse

_ayomikunn_ profile image
Celestina

Keep practicing,it can only get better....and put your works out more

Collapse

sstevens22 profile image
Sheldon Stevens

Find what interests you and stick to it. My bootcamp was focused on full stack development and I had the HARDEST time shaking the mindset of " I have to know 30 languages really well, study them, practice them, understand them and implement them simultaneously.. HOW does anyone do that?!" Well short answer is they don't, not one person can know everything about any language. From the bottom to the top everyone has to look things up, remind themselves of certain things, ask questions and fail on a consistent basis. That's the only way in my opinion to truly be a successful developer :) I am now solely focused on front end development with minimal knowledge of backend and I couldn't be happier. Instead of being good at 30 things strive to be GREAT at maybe 4 or 5.

Collapse

nkarnes profile image
Nancy Karnes

don't give up!!

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

Network, network, network!
And don't underestimate the power of small consistent habits!

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz

Try to focus on one thing at a time.

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz

To have started learning Web Development at freecodecamp

Collapse

dotaadarsh profile image
Aadarsh Kannan

The best way to learn is to do it!

Collapse

kingasix profile image
Jeffrey β€˜King the Asix’ Willis

Stop trying to follow the trends and maintain focused.

Collapse

ematkinson profile image
ematkinsongit

Show up every single day to code, even if it's only for ten or twenty minutes. Any progress is better than nothing. Give yourself the gift of commitment and perseverance.

Collapse

lolola profile image
Lol-Ola

Pick a goal, take baby steps and be consistent. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Oops that's more than one.

Collapse

coder_utkarsh profile image
Utkarsh Maurya

Stop wasting your time watching hours and hours of video lectures to understand a topic that you can just learn by reading docs in an hour.

Collapse

pablohe78730909 profile image
Pablo Hernandez

Don't pure all the coffee @ once...
Take it slow and work on Excellence not Perfection...