CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What's one thing that once intimidated you about computers or tech that you've overcome?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

What's one thing that once intimidated you about computers or tech that you've overcome?

Hey CodeLand!

Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and engage in some discussions. You can even start one of your own using this template (or by starting a new post and adding the #discuss tag).

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes. In other words you'll be automatically entered into a prize raffle just for commenting on this post before 11:59 PM PT on Friday, June 17, 2022.

In the thread below, tell us about something that once intimidated you about computers or tech that you've overcome.

Latest comments (30)

Collapse

jethph profile image
Jethro Gamad

The math but if you would study it again, it could be enjoyable

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

At first, I used to think that when there are errors in the code and it is very difficult to fix it, you have to start all over again and see another way to write your code. I have learned that there are ways to "fix" your code without having to delete it all over again.
Also, in the beginning I was very intimidated that I had to have a special talent for programming and that it was a skill that would take me many years to understand the basics.

Collapse

spicyc profile image
SpicyC

The Terminal

Collapse

kasopej profile image
Kasope Johnson

CLI definitely!

Collapse

christopheraaron_ profile image
Christopher Aaron

F L O A T S.

...then I realized it wasn't me, floats just sucks. πŸ˜†

Collapse

sstevens22 profile image
Sheldon Stevens

Organizing all of my files and and content on my computer so I could easily find projects and their components using the cmd prompt and also organizing my life in general both in and out of business. I use Notion and Taskade and it has been life changing.

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

Programming logic

Collapse

teniola profile image
Teniola Olowookere

Git and GitHub- Bash is that girl!

Flexbox and Grid.

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz

I was intimidated by "Data Structures".

Collapse

kitamreik profile image
Kit Fenrir Amreik

Back end - learning EJS templating is fascinating

Collapse

anyanka profile image
Anja

That it's all about mathematics and if you sucked at it in school you won't understand anything

Collapse

jell profile image
Emmanuella Sule

For some absurd reason I used to hate computers and anything related to it. I once told a colleague of mine that computer science is not for me. But here I am 2 years later pursuing a career in Data Science & Analytics

Collapse

cbid2 profile image
Christine • Edited

As a woman who comes from a Humanities, I’ve always shied away from learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript since the media often depicts coders as men who majored in computer science or mathematical geniuses. It wasn’t until a colleague introduced me to SheCodes(It is a wonderful organization that is dedicated to helping womxn break into tech. Check out this link to learn more: shecodes.io/workshops?coupon_name=...) that anyone can learn this skill! :) Since then, I have wanted learn more.

Collapse

rebeccaokine profile image
BexπŸ‘©πŸΏβ€πŸ’»πŸ’œ • Edited

Coding. I used to think it was impossible for me to learn how because it looked so difficult. It just requires constant practice.

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

C O M M A N D L I N E

Really took a while to get a grip on what was going on there.