CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Tell us about your side projects!
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

Tell us about your side projects!

Hey CodeLand!

Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and engage in some discussions. You can even start one of your own using this template (or by starting a new post and adding the #discuss tag).

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes. In other words you'll be automatically entered into a prize raffle just for commenting on this post before 11:59 PM PT on Friday, June 17, 2022.

In the thread below, tell us about your side projects! What are you working on? What ideas do you have for your next project? Did you buy that domain already?! etc.

Latest comments (35)

Collapse

smitter profile image
Zacky Aduoli

Currently am working on building a clone of youtube, hacking together the functionality and user interface that resembles the real world youtube. It is my side project that I want to include in my portfolio and perhaps get hired

You can check out the live url at: yt-mimic.web.app
And the Repo at: github.com/hane-smitter/youtube_clone (leave a star 🌟 if It blew your mind)

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

My side project is a venture I'm starting with a group of friends from my bootcamp, which is an anime straming and ecommerce platform. We hope to launch this project on the web at the end of the month, and start a community from it.

Collapse

christopheraaron_ profile image
Christopher Aaron

Lately, my projects have been related to wedding planning! Just got recently engaged so I have projects like our Mr & Mrs website and a Ceremony/Reception database. XD

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

I've built little projects here and there in my learning journey but will soon start a 100-hours project on something that I'm excited about (haven't decided it yet).

Collapse

abmdev profile image
Auroiah Morgan

Working on a comic book app that tracks all the Marvel, DC and other comic heroes, generates stats, create your own hero, and eventually run AI predicted fights and updates on stats, story, etc. Planning on doing this using MAUI, AZ Cog services, and whatever comes up during planning

Collapse

argemflores profile image
Argem Flores

Still software development, but doing full stack there 😁

Collapse

frankiefab100 profile image
Franklin Ohaegbulam

I'm working on a browser extension

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz

I have developed an android app in android studio which controls home appliances via bluetooth signals.

Collapse

stweffy_88 profile image
Stephanie Poon

I have been gathering resources for a blog about digital literacy, which is an area of growth for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector here in Australia. Specifically, the addition of a Digital Literacy Skills Framework to the already established Australian Core Skills Framework.

I'm still debating whether to use Blogger, Tumblr, Wordpress or just take the plunge and make my own blog from scratch.

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars PluΔ£is • Edited

Having 2 for now:

• radio listening page (rebuild it)
  • internal server monitoring system

Possibly both in Python, as I am still looking up for technologies usable for radio listening page.

Collapse

ailanthus8 profile image
ailanthus

I'm building simple JavaScript quizzes. Test your knowledge of Philadelphia! ailanthus8.github.io/Philadelphia_...

Collapse

eshelton98 profile image
Erik Shelton

Building out an in-depth deck builder and collection logger for Magic the Gathering, if you are interested or want to try it out feel free to reach out to me on Discord at Starfox64_0 #6082.

Been working on it on and off for about 8 months now, built using the MERN stack, had to implement Node Streaming, have a rudimentary Friend System implemented using hashed friend codes (think Nintendo Switch friend code style) among other things done or planned.

Collapse

spicyc profile image
SpicyC

Currently Designing & Developing LMS for
americanhomeschools.org

Collapse

mreves profile image
Matt Eves

I've only completed 1 project (a program that semi-automated 2 different performance reports). I'm currently working on a group project to develop a program to help with public health decision making, using scikitlearn. Really enjoying learning more about machine learning within the project. My reflection on undertaking projects is for me personally, I have found I've learnt so much more by solving all the associated problems with a "real" project, compared to lots and lots of tutorials.

Collapse

safetyvest2789 profile image
Safety Vest 2789

Creating a photo journal/repsonsive web page of my film project. Coding,compositing,and documenting my experiences of learning to code.