CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What's your non-coding superpower?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

What's your non-coding superpower?

Hey CodeLand!

Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and engage in some discussions. You can even start one of your own using this template (or by starting a new post and adding the #discuss tag).

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes. In other words you'll be automatically entered into a prize raffle just for commenting on this post before 11:59 PM PT on Friday, June 17, 2022.

In the thread below, tell us about the non-coding superpower you bring to your role/team!

Oldest comments (68)

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt • Edited

I hide my superpowers! πŸ‘€πŸ€«

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

lol

Collapse

emdebarros profile image
Em

I would say that my non-coding superpowers are leadership and documentation! I always try to motivate my team by bringing in new ideas to help us get closer to our overall mission every day. Also, I try to document my work whenever I can, and I encourage my team to do so as well, to avoid silos. Documenting is a lot of upfront work, but it pays off immediately!

Collapse

timdehof profile image
timDeHof

I would say that my non-coding superpowers are attention to details, problem solving, and a love for learning.

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini

I think my non-coding super poewer is that, I can write.Actually I like to content writing than coding.I paticipated a lot of content writing competitions and could win also.So I think this is my non coding superpower.πŸ™ƒβ€‹

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

I kind of think as coding as a skill that augments a bunch of other stuff I either do better or like better than coding.

I think that's the most special thing about coding β€” it can help unlock some of the other stuff.

Collapse

mr_romo profile image
Chris

My non- coding super power is that I am a creative first! I come from a background in photography and film making!

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

That is a very good super power to have!

Collapse

zoemoment profile image
Zoe

I wish I was more creative! The actual design process is like pulling teeth for me sometimes :/

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

I have an amateur photography experience as well!
I used to sell photos on photo stock platforms πŸ˜„

Collapse

emilymorin profile image
Emily Morin

Awesome! I come from a music performance background :)

Collapse

zoemoment profile image
Zoe

My non-coding super power is knife sharpening! With a strong preference to kitchen knife sharpening, however I've been trying my hand at sharpening wood working tools and clay tools lately.

It's easy to keep up my skills as my husband loves to cook and I pride myself on keeping our knives scary sharp ;)

Collapse

dallasviars profile image
Dallas Viars

That's a great skill to have! I cut meat for 14 years and have seen so many colleagues cut themselves b/c they didn't maintain their knives' sharpness well.

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera

Amazing😍 skill that the woman must have.

Collapse

judedevdw profile image
JudeDevDW

My non-coding superpower is cooking! Love making different types of food and trying new ingredients.

Collapse

ckn00b profile image
Christian New

I can play multiple instruments and I'm oddly proud of my trucker's hitch tie-down ability!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

That I can motivate others. I am a dreamer and sometimes this is what people need.

Collapse

anyanka profile image
Anja

I'm creative and pragmatic at the same time which is a gift (and a burden, like every super power :D)

Collapse

kingasix profile image
Jeffrey β€˜King the Asix’ Willis

My non-coding superpower would be my ability to pick up information quickly and my ability to adapt under pressure.

Collapse

dallasviars profile image
Dallas Viars

I'd say my non-coding superpowers are the ability to face a problem without panicking, and being attuned to details.

Collapse

kitamreik profile image
Kit Fenrir Amreik

My non- coding super power is community and reciprocity- it's the building blocks that we all need in life <3

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

I've been told my biggest strength is being a good teacher. However, I think my non-coding super power is being kind and having empathy for others.

Collapse

codinglady22 profile image
Maye Jesuorobo

I would say my non-coding super power is my power of observation. I like playing hidden object games, spotting the differences, puzzles, problem solving and brain teasers. Basically, I seem to like mental gymnastics :D