Hey! If you’re reading this, you’ve landed on the brand new CodeNewbie Community Forem. Similar to DEV, we’re a home for all programmers to learn, connect, and grow but we are especially encouraging of discussions related to the journey of developers new to the field or new to a specific technology. If you haven’t already, sign up for an account and pop over to our welcome thread to introduce yourself to your fellow CodeNewbies. We’re so excited you’re here.
To celebrate and acknowledge all of the fantastic and diverse voices we have in this growing community, we are thrilled to announce our new monthly writing contest: CodeNewbie Writers of the Month! 🥳 This ongoing, asynchronous “awards ceremony” is all about great writing (in all its many forms), making your voice heard, and having fun. Each month, we’ll celebrate three members for their contributions to this space.
- Share an original article here anytime throughout the month (between the first and last day of the month). _Original means that you wrote the post yourself (without simply paraphrasing or copying an existing resource).
- The subject matter must be relevant to programming for an early-career developer audience — but within that wide category, it can be about any subject! Cross-posting is allowed_
- It is ok if your post was originally written before the first of the month we're awarding
- Any type of post is eligible for the contest (tutorials, personal reflections, interviews, deep-discussions, etc), however, we require a minimum word count of 500.
- Written posts only (no video embeds or other media for this contest unless they are supplemental to the written content).
- The post must be free of affiliate links and/or business promotion (helpful content without a financial agenda, please!)
- Your post can either be standalone or part of a series. If part of a series, we will either award based on one post or the entire series, but the entire series must abide by the rules above.
There’s no official entry process… just write your amazing posts and publish here on CodeNewbie Community!
CodeNewbie Writers of the Month will be announced in a post on this Forem during the first week of each new month (starting in February 2021)! To be considered, all authors must abide by our code of conduct.
- Community bragging rights 😉
- A special Writer of the Month profile badge (unique to each month!) 🌈
- A special shout-out in the CodeNewbie and DEV newsletters ⭐️
Remember, you don’t need to enter to participate in the contest but if you have your eye on the Writer of the Month award, make sure to follow the rules and guidelines above.