CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for CodeNewbie Writers of the Month — August 2021
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

CodeNewbie Writers of the Month — August 2021

The CodeNewbie Writers of the Month Awards is a monthly "awards ceremony" here on CodeNewbie Community where we showcase three standout writers from the month before. These three folks authored posts that our judges deemed particularly helpful to the community last month. We announce the award-winners during the first week of each month. Thanks to all of you for your fantastic contributions to this space! ❤️

In no particular order, here are the winners of the CodeNewbie Writers of the Month Awards for August 2021...

Tapas Adhikary (@tapasadhikary) — "JavaScript Promises - Explain Like I'm Five"

The "Explain Like I'm Five" model is a great way to really explain concepts in programming in a simple and straightforward way without ego. That's exactly what Tapas accomplished with this post about JS Promises!

Alex Vuong (@alexv0ng ) — "The Confidence I Needed to Pursue Web Development"

This field can be daunting! There is so much to learn and oftentimes it can feel like there's no way of knowing where to start. That's why Alex Vuong's honest post about the resources that helped bolster their confidence to stay motivated is such a great read.

Miguel Brito (@miguendes) — "Design Patterns That Make Sense in Python: Simple Factory"

As Miguel shares in this article, 'Simple Factory methods are very cool and can abstract a lot of boilerplate. Not to mention that it makes your code clean and readable." In this post, Miguel breaks down how the pattern is used. Super helpful!

Congrats to our CodeNewbie Writers of the Month! Keep up the great work and you might just be on next month's list of top authors!

Top comments (3)

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

A very overdue congrats on this acheivement, @tapasadhikary , @alexv0ng , & @miguendes !

Collapse

tapasadhikary profile image
Tapas Adhikary

This is fantastic. Thanks a ton.

Collapse

sheriffderek profile image
sheriffderek

Great job, @alexv0ng

Your hard work is really paying off! And you are helping people. Big win.